~ Help us in our effort to continue contributing to the conservation of our planet's most fragile creatures. ~
An open pit mine has started blasting right across the street from the Centre!
(The above photos are for illustration only, and are not pictures of the actual mine across from us.)
Unfortunately wherever the plans for conservation and the plans of mankind conflict, it is always conservation efforts that suffer!
As a direct result of an open pit mine starting operation just across the street from the Centre, the Centre has found that it is no exception to this unfortunate fact.
Unless the Centre finds a new place to call home, we will have no choice but to close.
Funding for the Centre's relocation is extremely limited, and we are urgently seeking a new location to move the facility to.
If you have property that you would be willing to donate or sell at a fair price, we would love to hear from you!
• A minimum of 5 acres, located near a major road in Eastern Ontario Canada.
• The property must have at least one serviceable building, with a functioning well and septic system already on it. There must be no restrictions on adding additional buildings.
• The land should be free of environmental contaminants.
• The property must be zoned to allow the Centre to open to the public.
• There must be no exotic animal bylaw in effect, or there must be a written exemption pertaining to the Centre in place.
Once we have our location, we will be seeking volunteers for both the move and the construction of aviaries. We will also be seeking donations of building materials and supplies.
If you can help in any way at all, please contact us!
If you have found an injured bird of prey (hawk, falcon, owl, etc.), contact the Centre and our experienced staff can assist in determining what steps should be taken to ensure the bird receives the best possible care.
Havelock, Ontario K0L 1Z0
Telephone : +1 705 778 5273
Email : staff